Forms and Applications
Below is a list of forms you may be asked to fill out when applying for a job with the Tulare County Sheriff's Department. Please feel free to print and review the forms to help you gather your information and be prepared.
- Sheriff's Deputy I: Job Description and Application (PDF) / Application Only (PDF)
- Sheriff's Deputy Trainee: Job Description and Application (PDF) / Application Only (PDF)
- Sheriff's Detention Services Officer: Job Description and Application (PDF) / Application Only (PDF)
- Sheriff's Correctional Deputy: Job Description and Application (PDF) / Application Only (PDF)
All applicants for sworn positions (Deputy I, Correctional Deputy and Trainee) must participate in the physical agility examination. All participants must present a photo ID and sign the physical agility examination waiver to participate in the exam.
All qualified applicants who have been invited to the Background Investigation phase will be required to fill out and return a Personal History Statement. Do not send transcripts or turn in a personal history statement unless requested to do so.
There are four types of Personal History Statements:
Peace Officer Personal History Statement (for Sheriff's Deputy, Correctional Deputy, and Sheriff's Deputy Trainee Positions)
E-Fill (WORD) Peace Officer Personal History Statement
PDF Printable Peace Officer Personal History Statement
Emergency Dispatcher Personal History Statement (for Emergency Dispatcher Positions)
E-Fill (WORD) Dispatcher Personal History Statement
PDF Printable Dispatcher Personal History Statement
Non-Sworn Personal History Statement (for all other positions not listed above)
- Vounteer Personal History Statement (for all non-sworn volunteers)
In addition to the personal history statement there are a number of other forms and instructions to fill out and return. Please click on each of the additional forms to reveiw, print out or read.
- Cover Letter Instructions and Required Documents Checklist
- Data Required for Fingerprint Cards
- Consumer Request for Copy of Peer Report / Trans Union Corportation
- Disclosure to Employment Applicant regarding Procurement of an Investigative Consumer Report
- Tulare County Psychological Testing Procedures
- Authorization to Release Information
Please read all instructions before filling in ANY of the forms. Do not write on the back of the forms. Make copies if necessary. Please note that your ability to complete these forms in a neat, timely and accurate fashion is a very important part of the background investigation process.
This site is still under construction. Please check back for additional forms that may be added.