The Porterville Office Staff welcomes you and is committed to serving you.
Location: 75 West Olive Ave., Suite C
Office hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Inspections are from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
24 hour Inspection request line: 1-800-349-7844
For information, please call (559) 782-6800 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., Monday - Friday.
How to Obtain a Building Permit
The following activities are now being offered for processing through the Porterville Office:
- Private garage & private storage building less than 1000 square feet*
- Additions to dwellings*
- Garage conversions*
- Rehabilitation of a single-family dwelling
- Patio covers*
- Decks over 30" above grade*
- Pools, spas, & hot tubs*
- Leach line repairs *
- Agricultural storage buildings, fee exempt (less than 1000 square feet)*
- Hot water heaters
- Furnaces - new and repair on residential
- Electrical service upgrades up to 600 amps
- Rewire - residential
- Gas lines
- Interior remodels - residential
- Wood stoves
- Electrical for Ag wells
- Re-plumbing - residential
- Demolition of single-family dwelling. All structures will require clearance from the San Joaquin Air Pollution Control District.
- Foundations on existing structures
- Sewer lines (requires documentation from District indicating connection fee paid)
- Window security bars
* = Requires plot plans