What We Do:
Perform Inspections on buildings of new construction, alterations, additions and remodels for compliance of codes and standards adopted by Tulare County.
Inspection of grading performed under permits.
Inspection of Substandard structures to ensure these conditions are corrected and structures are brought up to codes and standards.
Enforce the State of California Code for Employee Housing.
Inspection of conditions placed on the property by a Special Use Permit.
Current adopted codes are:
2010 California Building Code
2010 California Plumbing Code
2010 California Mechanical Code
2010 California Electrical Code
Current CEC Energy Standards
Requesting an Inspection
Inspection requests are taken by phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Requests received before 7:00 am Monday thru Friday will be performed that day.Request received from 7:00a.m. to midnight will automatically be done the next buisness day. To make an inspection request, call the Tulare County Inspection IVR System (a recorder) (559) 733-6281 and follow the instructions.
Before making the call please have the following information available:
Building permit number
Inspection Code Number
1. A building permit should be obtained before any construction work begins.
2. Permit holder is responsible to request inspections on their projects.
3. At the time of an inspection request, the work to be inspected needs to be complete and ready for the inspector.
4. All conditions from other departments shall be met before a “final” inspection can be preformed.
5. Buildings will not be occupied before a final inspection approval by the Building/Zoning Inspector.