Providing to the Public
- Reference assistance - Our knowledgeable staff is available to assist with locating materials and navigating through print and electronic resources that answer research questions and address legal issues. Telephone and email reference is limited to short sections of cases, statutes or secondary sources when a specific cite is given by the caller. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL LEGAL ADVICE BE GIVEN.
- Internet computer workstations - Five computers in Visalia, two in Porterville. Free access to California appellate cases, codes, regulations, and attorney general opinions, U.S. codes, Rutter Group titles, Witkin libraries, and Nolo books. Printouts are 25¢ per page.
- Free WiFi - Access the Internet on your wireless device. Obtain password in Visalia from the Reference desk. Printing is not available on wi-fi.
- Photocopiers - Self-help copiers for letter & legal size paper at 20-25¢ each side copied. Coins, one dollar bills, and copy cards (in Visalia only) accepted. Copy cards are available in $5 increments.
- Word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- FAX service
- Library tours in Visalia by appointment.
- Select legal forms available for purchase.
- Used books - Selected books withdrawn from the library collection in Visalia are available for purchase by the general public. Each book is sold at $1 dollar, as-is with no returns, and on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Interlibrary loans - Library staff may borrow or retrieve photocopied material from another library.
- Kenneth E. Conn Conference Room - Reservations accepted for court-related activities in Visalia at an hourly fee, including depositions, arbitrations, and attorney-client conferences. Two hour limit for walk-ins without a reservation.