Click HERE to search our Catalog
The Law Library holds over 1,700 titles and 17,000 volumes in print and online subscriptions, including
- Federal and all state codes, statutes, administrative regulations, and court and selected agency decisions;
- Federal, California, and local court rules;
- Online subscriptions to Westlaw and WestlawNext, LexisNexis®, CEB OnLaw, and self-help titles by Nolo;
- Law journals online on HeinOnline, periodicals, and legal newspapers;
- Ordinances and municipal codes for Visalia and surrounding cities, Tulare County and surrounding counties;
- California and federal practice and research tools including digests, encyclopedias, form books, Shepard’s, Continuing Education of the Bar and The Rutter Group publications;
- Select legal resources on the Internet;
- Legal treatises, practice guides, dictionaries and directories, general reference material, and Nolo books in the Diane E. Mathis Self-Help Legal Collection.
Our staff serves as research facilitators available to help locate resources in our collection, legal databases, and community sources that may enable you to conduct your own research or find assistance addressing your legal topic. Telephone and email reference service is limited to short, specific questions. Library staffmembers are not attorneys and take great care to avoid the unauthorized practice of law. Staff cannot provide legal advice nor will they comment or explain the meaning of a text.
We are a reference library only and material does not circulate outside the law library.