- California codes - Unannotated version of the current text of California's state codes. Users may display the text in a table of contents or search by keyword.
- California Supreme Court and Courts of Appeal opinions - Published and unpublished case opinions of the California Supreme Court and Courts of Appeal.
- California briefs - The LA Law Library maintains an online repository of California Supreme Court and appellate courts briefs.
- California legislation - The official site of the legislative branch of California enables users to find bill information from the State Assembly and State Senate from 1993 to the current legislative session.
- California Code of Regulations - The text of the regulations of California's state agencies. Users may view a listing of state agencies, view contents, or search the entire 28 titles (with the exception of Title 24 Building codes).
- California Building Standards Code - the Title 24 Building Codes available in an Adobe read-only format.
- California Attorney General opinions - Full-text searchable opinions dating back to 1986. Searchable by word, phrase, opinion number or yearly index.
- California attorneys - Information on attorneys and services to the public from the State Bar of California.
- California Guideline Child Support calculator - This calculator provides only an estimate and is not a guarantee of the amount of child support that will be ordered. The Court Commissioner or Family Law Judge has the final authority to determine the amount of a child support order.
- CA.gov - State of California's official homepage.
- California county law libraries - The Council of California County Law Librarians welcomes you to your county public law library.
- California jury instructions - The Judicial Council of California has adopted award-winning plain language civil and criminal jury instructions that accurately convey the law using language that is understandable to jurors.
- I-CAN Legal - An online application that will fill out court forms for you by asking you simple questions and putting your answers on the forms in the correct place. I-CAN!™ will also print instructions to tell you what to do with your forms, and how the court process works.
- LawHelp California - A free client-focused website featuring over 450 referrals to free legal aid and court services, as well as sliding scale legal programs and lawyer referral services. The site also hosts links to over 1,800 self-help legal materials.
Nolo books - Tulare County residents can access the electronic versions of these popular do-it-yourself legal books from home! Enter our two letter state abbreviation CA in the first box and our password TULARE .
- Sacramento County Public Law Library - From our law library colleague, their very informative website is filled with helpful guides and forms.
- TurboCourt - Fill out court forms using an interactive program to properly fill out forms for family law, small claims, eviction, and guardianship/probate. TurboCourt charges a minimal fee for its service.
- United States Code here or here.
- Federal & state court opinions and codes - Searchable by case name, citation, or keyword search the text.
- Rules of the Federal courts
Thomas – U.S. Congress on the Internet - Full-text searchable database of federal bills, public laws, legislative history information, and the Congressional Record.
Code of Federal Regulations - Searchable database of federal agency regulations by year and keyword or title and section number.
IRS Reading Room - A comprehensive list of documents and other information available electronically on the IRS.gov site, listed by subject category.
LOCAL & GENERAL INFORMATION
- Tulare County Ordinance Code
- Visalia Municipal Code
- More California municipal codes here or search for other muni codes by state here and here.
- Legal dictionary - Find plain-English definitions for legal terms in Nolo's Plain-English Law Dictionary. This Dictionary is also available as a FREE mobile application for iOS devices and can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store.
- Legal glossaries - Available in 13 languages, courtesy of the Sacramento County Superior Court.
- Google Scholar - Search for case law using Google search terms (be sure to select the “Legal Documents” button).
- Apps for legal research & news - The UCLA Law School Library maintains a guide to current mobile applications helpful for law students and lawyers.