- Access to the Law Library is limited to persons who are using Library services or the books and materials in the collection. Children must be under adult supervision.
- Quiet is to be maintained in the Library. Conversation and use of personal equipment shall not disturb others. Cell phone calls are restricted to the conference rooms or outside the library.
- No food, beverages, or smoking in the Library. Walkways and aisles must be kept clear. Any personal items left in the Library at the end of the day will be removed.
- Law Library material is reference only. Library material may not be removed from the Library. Theft or vandalism of materials is subject to penalties under California Penal Code sections 490.5 and 594. All briefcases, bags, and packages are subject to inspection by Library staff.
- Abusing or defacing Library books or materials is a misdemeanor under California Education Code sections 19910 and 19911.
- It is prohibited to obstruct, intimidate, solicit, harass, provide unauthorized legal advice, or interfere with Library patrons or staff (California Penal Code section 602.1(b), California Business & Professions Code sections 6125 and 6126).
- The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using the library is liable for any infringement.
- Anyone failing to observe one or more of these Rules will be asked to leave the Law Library by staff or Security.
- These rules shall be used in conjunction with other rules and policies adopted by the Board of Law Library Trustees. The Board reserves the right to adjust Library policies, guidelines, and rules.