Social Media Comment Policy
The County of Tulare welcomes you and your comments.
The purpose of this discussion is to present information relevant to the stated purpose of this site, regarding matters of public interest in the County of Tulare, including its many residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to submit your comments, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
Please note that the comments expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of the County of Tulare, its officers, agents, affiliates, or employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact us at 559-636-4848 or TCiCTServiceDesk@co.tulare.ca.us.
By posting anything to this site, you agree to the following terms:
- Users will treat others with respect.
- Users warrant that they own or have permission to post the information contained in their postings, including but not limited to video, photos, or digital reproductions and that no copyright or trademark infringement has taken place due to posting it on this site. Further, the County of Tulare does not guarantee or warrant that any information posted by users on this site is correct, and disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any such information.
- Users of this site do not retain any rights over their postings. Postings are intended for public view and any personal information posted constitutes a waiver of any rights to privacy or confidentiality.
- Once posted, the County of Tulare reserves the right to delete submissions that contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive comments that target or disparage any race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or content otherwise deemed inappropriate. Further, the County of Tulare also reserves the right to delete comments that are: (i) spam or include links to other sites; (ii) clearly off topic; (iii) advocate illegal activity; (iv) promote particular services, products, or political organizations; or (v) infringe on copyrights or trademarks and violators may be blocked.
Social Media Disclaimer
You have been directed to this page from a County of Tulare Social Media Site. The following Disclaimer applies to the use of that site:
The purpose of Tulare County's participation in social media is to enhance communication, collaboration, information exchange, and transparency, streamline processes and foster productivity. Tulare County endorses the secure use of social media to enhance and support county program goals and objectives.
Tulare County makes use of social media to engage residents, to learn about needs and concerns, to contribute to relevant conversations, and to promote County programs and services. Despite efforts to keep the County-provided information timely and accurate, users should be aware that the information available through this social media tool may not be timely, accurate, or complete. No communication to Tulare County through social media shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose. Tulare County disclaims any responsibility or liability for any misstatement, misunderstanding, and losses, directly or indirectly, on the part of the users.
There is no endorsement, implied or otherwise, by Tulare County of any fan posts, links, or photos. Site administrators/writers/fans are fully responsible for the content they submit. Opinions expressed by site administrators/writers/fans are not the opinions of Tulare County. Tulare County social media sites are intended to serve as a mechanism for communication between the public and Tulare County on the listed topics. Any comments submitted to Tulare County social media sites are public records subject to disclosure pursuant to CA Government Code § 6250 et seq.
Comments are important to us and others who read these pages. As our community includes people of all ages and backgrounds, this disclaimer is intended to ensure that all posted comments are appropriate for all ages, courteous and respectful of others, and related to matters, activities, programs, policies, and/or operations relevant to Tulare County.
Tulare County reserves the right to delete postings that are inconsistent with the policies in this disclaimer, including, but not limited to comments that contain the following prohibited words, text, or information:
- Defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, intimidating, or otherwise offensive language.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Malicious or offensive comments based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, disability or other classifications.
- Solicitations or advertisements, including promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency.
- Attempts to defame or defraud any individual(s) or organizations.
- Posts or comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
- Viruses or similar harmful programs, including spam and similar content.
- Proprietary information or intellectual property that is posted without the approval of the owner. Copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics. Imagery not owned by the user.
- Comments on matters unrelated to activities of Tulare County, County boards, committees or programs, policies, operations, or general areas of responsibility and representation.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, public officials, or public systems.
- Information that violates a local, state, or national law or suggests or encourages illegal activity.
Users participate at their own risk, and are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and any information provided. Tulare County reserves the right to block users and/or delete comments that are inconsistent with this disclaimer.