Unclaimed Monies - Outlawed Warrants
The County of Tulare Accounts Payable Division of the Auditor and Controller's Office is currently in possession of Unclaimed Monies belonging to individuals and organizations doing business with or receiving services from the County. Unclaimed Monies consist of warrants/checks that remain uncashed for a period of more than six months, usually resulting from warrants/checks that are returned as undeliverable by the postal service. Often the payee has moved and does not leave a forwarding address or the forwarding order has expired. In addition, warrants/checks may remain uncased for any number of other reasons including lost or destroyed. Then most common types of unclaimed monies include, but are not limited to, supplier payments for goods or services.
Review the following lists to locate unclaimed monies that might be owed to yourself or your business:
If after reviewing the Unclaimed Monies Listing, you have determined that the County may have funds belonging to yourself or business, print the REQUEST FOR UNCLAIMED MONIES FORM and follow the filling instructions provided below and on the form.
The county of Tulare has a duty to release funds only to the rightful payee. In this regards, we ask the payee to provide documentation to validate their claims to ensure that no one but the rightful payee can receive the Unclaimed Monies. Payees may claim their County of Tulare
Click Here for the Request for Unclaimed Monies Form
- Police Report is only necessary in a forgery situation
- Type in Payee's name as it appears on the warrant
- Fill in warrant information as noted
- Fill in the reason for the declaration
- If warrant was issued to more than one person or entity, fill our this section
- Provide date that Payee became aware of the forgery situation
- Payee printed name and address and signature. IF forgery, must be signed in front of Kim Aquiar in the Auditor's Office.
- In the case of forgery, this must be notarized by Kim Aguiar, otherwise Claim's division staff should sign.